Taco Mac is a low cost meal that will not break the bank and not to mention, everyone love macaroni and tacos!
Tuesday’s have become taco night in my house for the last year or so but it’s been getting increasingly more difficult to find new taco recipes that everybody will eat.
I have 4 kids and they all want something different for dinner. Most of the taco recipes that I find either have something that my kids won’t eat, are too spicy or has a very random ingredient that nobody has on hand.
This recipe is a built to order dinner. I usually keep all the ingredients separate until it’s time to serve, this way I can make you a taco, plain pasta with butter or Taco Mac. Everyone wins!!!
Step by Step Instructions:
How to Make Taco Mac
First, gather all your ingredients to create the Taco Mac. You also need two large pots, one for cooking taco meat and one for cooking pasta.
We will start with the ground meat put in a pot and brown meat and break up using a spatula.
After the ground meat has been browned drain 90-95% of the Grease from the pot.
Once the ground meat has been drained follow directions on back of taco seasoning packet. The directions on the back of my packet where to add 2/3 cup of water and, the contents of the package. Bring to boil and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
In a separate pot, cook pasta according to directions on back of box, I’m not going to tell you how to cook pasta. You can change up the shape, use what you have.
Now that the taco meat is done and the pasta has been cooked you can make tacos, buttered pasta, or mix it all together and make some Taco Mac. Then add everything together. Pasta, taco meat, top with cheese and I add the taco sauce to mine for extra flavor but that were this recipe is awesome. Add whatever you want: tomatoes, beans, sour cream, hot sauce, peppers, olives, tortilla chips, lettuce, avocado, the list goes on.
You can also mix it all together and go a little crazy with some cheese and it comes out like this.
- 1 lb Ground meat Your % choice
- 1-2 lbs Macaroni or Pasta Shape is dealer's choice
- 2-3 Cups Mexican or Taco Cheese
- 1 Packet Taco seasoning
- 1 jar Taco Sauce optional
- Place ground beef into pot and brown over medium heat, using spatula to mince meat and stir.
- Once browned, drain 90-95% of liquid.
- Pour taco packet into pot and follow directions on your packet.
- In a separate pot, cook pasta according to directions on back of box.
- Mix taco meat and macaroni in a pot then add cheese or keep it all separate.
- Taco sauce is optional for more flavor with a little spice.