Brick oven style pizza from your kitchen, add whatever topping you want to make it your own.
In my house growing up in Philly, Friday night was always pizza night. We would order 2-3 pizzas, fries and a 2 liter for $20 and dig in!
Now I have a family of my own and try to serve a better tasting healthier version. I moved to another state, now the pizzas are $20 a pie and aren’t that good.
I looked up how to make pizza dough and the 5 ingredients would cost $5-8 and make 3-5 pizzas. 5 years of pizza Friday’s later and here we are.
Step by Step Instructions:
How to Make Homemade Pizza
First, gather all of the ingredients.
Start the recipe by taking a large bowl and adding 1 cup of water of warm water and 1/4 cup of olive oil and one packet of yeast. Let sit for 3-5 minutes until small bubbles start to appear.
Add 3 cups of flour and one teaspoon of salt.
Mix with spoon until to hard to stir, then knead with hands until dough ball forms.
Then you need a warm, dark place to set it for 30 minutes. I cover my bowl with a dark towel and set next to my preheating oven. Preheat oven to 400°f.
The longer you wait the more the dough will rise creating a softer dough. Around 30 minutes is the minimum rise time, the dough should have doubled and you can start rolling it out.
Most people don’t have a pizza pan in their kitchen so you can use a cooking sheet wrapped in tinfoil and make rectangle pizza.
This is an 11” x 9” cookie sheet.
If you have a pizza pan or stone, spray some non stick spray.
You choose how thick you want the pizza. I’m going to use the whole dough ball on this large cooking tray and will make a very thick 1 inch thick Sicilian style pizza. Using a fork poke small holes all over the surface to stop bubbles from forming.
Do Not add any sauce or toppings yet. You have to cook just the crust for 7 minutes at 400°f.
Then add sauce, mozzarella cheese and toppings of your choice.
Bake for another 7-9 minutes, do not burn cheese. Remove and let cool for 2-3 minutes then cut and enjoy.
Or you can make a round Pizza. And do the same thing but making this one a white pizza.
Roll out dough into circle using fingertips to press out dough over pan. Bake of 7 minutes at 400°f. Remove and add enough olive oil to cover the pizza surface, add mozzarella cheese and garlic salt to desired flavor. You can add other Italian seasonings if desired.
Bake for another 7-9 minutes, watching the cheese, as the cheese begins to show browning remove immediately to prevent burning.
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb Ground Meat
- 1 can Biscuits Jumbo work better
- 1 bag Taco / Mexican Cheese
- 1 packet Taco Seasoning
- First, gather all of the ingredients for taco pockets.
- Cook ground meat using directions on seasoning packet.
- Open biscuits and flatten the raw biscuit with a roller. Try to keep the circle shape.
- Add taco meat and cheese to flattened biscuit but leave room to fold over.
- Fold the biscuit in half, pinching the open edges together.
- Then, use a fork to crimp the edges that was just pinched together. Be gentle not to make holes in the biscuit pocket.
- Gently place the folded biscuit into air fryer and cook for 3-5 minutes on 350°f.
- Check frequently and shake basket to prevent sticking after 2 minutes of cooking. Should come out golden brown, remember that the inside is already cooked and we only need to cook the biscuit shell.
- Add guacamole, sour cream, salsa, cheese, ect…