Classic grilled cheese sandwich with bread, cheese and butter.
I think that every kid in their childhood had a grilled cheese at some point and it was amazing.
Then you realize that as you get older that you can add all kinds of interesting foods to a grilled cheese.
Some of my favorite additions are: bacon, tomato, sausage, pepperoni, chicken, soup, pretty much any lunchmeat, oh and more cheese. A 5-cheese grilled cheese on white with tomato and bacon will change your world.
Step by Step Instructions:
How to make a Grilled Cheese Sandwich
First, gather all of the ingredients.
Next make a cheese sandwich, placing the cheese as even as you can on one piece of bread and cover with the second piece of bread. I find that white bread tastes the best.
Now you need to butter the bread, having your butter at room temperature makes spreading easier and won’t tear holes in your bread. Spread softened butter evenly across the top of the cheese sandwich.
Put you cheese sandwich in your frying pan buttered side down. Then butter the other side.
Cook at low heat, checking bottom for browning. When the sandwich is evenly toasted, flip over and repeat the process.
If the heat is too high, the bread will toast or burn before the cheese melts.
After both sides of the sandwich are golden brown and the cheese is melted, remove from pan.
Cut the grilled cheese to desired shape. Caution the cheese will be molten lava and gooey delicious. Enjoy at your own risk!
- Frying pan
- 2 slices White Bread You can use other types of bread but for best results use white bread.
- 2-4 slices Cheese American deli cheese works best but you can use any cheese desired
- 1 Tbsp Butter Butter works better then margarine
- Additions: Bacon, tomato, pepperoni, garlic, ect
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- Put cheese and any additions between 2 pieces of bread.
- Butter one side of cheese sandwich.
- Put buttered side down in frying pan
- Butter other side of sandwich
- Cook low heat until bottom side of sandwich is golden brown, then flip (check frequently)
- Remove from pan when both sides are golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Enjoy, Cheese will be hot.