Boneless pork chops lightly seasoned with onion, garlic, salt, pepper and rosemary cooked in the oven to perfection.
Pork the other white meat. Btw…that’s a terrible slogan. But it is what’s for dinner.
There is a million ways to cook pork but today we are going with the easiest way to cook and prep for dinner on the fly. I’m not going to pretend that I have a dinner plan every night nor do I want to plan that stuff out.
I remember going up as a kid and asking what was for dinner. I would always get a different version of the same answer. “(Insert meat name) is thawing out, we have to eat it before it goes bad”. My dad wasn’t a great cook so I learned to cook because I was tired of consuming overcooked food.
Step by Step Instructions:
How to make Boneless Rosemary Pork Chops
First, gather all of the ingredients.
If you can salt the meat 30 minutes before you start cooking. The meat will be more tender the longer it stays salted.
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Dry the pork with a paper towel.
This is an optional step but I recommend tenderizing it a bit.
I use a piece of wax paper and fold it in half around the meat. Don’t go crazy!
Just enough to soften the meat not flatten it into a pancake.
Take your dish/pan and add a small amount of olive oil to prevent sticking. You are also going to use it to coat the pork, that’s why I don’t use a cooking spray on this recipe.
Season the top side of the pork with seasonings. I just put a light dusting of each seasoning across each chop.
Add the chops seasoned side down in the oil. Then season the other side.
Put the pan in the oven and set the timer accordingly.
Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the pork.
1/2 inch thickness = 10-14 minutes
1-inch thickness = 18-22 minutes
Turn meat halfway through cooking.
As soon as the temperature reads 145°F, remove the pork chops from the oven. The temperature will go up a few degrees while resting.
Let sit for 5 minutes or so
Boneless Rosemary Pork Chops
- 2-4 Pork Chops
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Rosemary
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Gather all of the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Dry the pork with a paper towel.
- OPTIONAL STEP: tenderize the meat lightly.
- Grease pan with olive oil.
- Season the top side of the pork with seasonings. I just put a light dusting of each seasoning across each chop.
- Add the chops seasoned side down in the oil. Then season the other side.
- Put the pan in the oven and set the timer accordingly.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the pork.1/2 inch thickness = 10-14 minutes1-inch thickness = 18-22 minutes. Turn meat halfway through cooking.
- Remove the pork chops from the oven when thermometer hits 145°F. The temperature will go up a few degrees while resting.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.